5 favorite beaches in San Diego
1. Whispering Sands beach: La Jolla houses this lovely gem made of eroded sand rock. It's one of the best spots to go after grabbing take-out at one of the many delicious eateries on Prospect Pl.
2. Marine Street: This stunner is also a La Jolla local. With bright white sand, the beach stretching wide in front of you and always a friendly vibe, this beach is perfect for a beach day with friends.
3. Coronado beach: If you happen to stop by this place at low tide, all the way at the south end of the beach, you'll run into tide pool full of colorful and gentle wildlife. This beach is a perfect hang spot on any given day but I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the life waiting below the high tide.
4. Ocean beach pier: This gorgeous, impressively long pier is one hell of a sight to see but while the beach below it carries a grungy, crowded stoner vibe, if you walk south on the beach beyond the rocks you'll run into smaller more secluded beaches full of caves and smaller beaches surrounded by rock that blocks the wind... PERFECT!
5. Mission Beach jetty: Typically full of vacant parking spots and large fire pits, volley ball courts and a wide open beach, this is the best spot for a bbq or roasting marshmallows on the beach after the sun goes down.