My 10 Favorite Spots in San Diego to Edit My Website
I don't have a desk or work area at home.. I'm not even sure if this fact would change if I did but for whatever reason, I simply prefer to take care of my online business while elsewhere. Luckily I live in San Diego where such escape spots are everywhere around you. I've yet to venture to all of the North County coffee shops I've been recommended but maybe I'll visit them all in a day and write a post about it?? You tell me! Anyhoo, I hope my San Diegans or tourists in the area can use this list to help you decide where you'd like to get your next delicious cold brew, acai bowl, a meal to stay or to-go and/or beer! (this list is in no order)
1. Subterranean Cafe: (Hillcrest + North Park locations) These cafe's are great for their delicious sandwiches and extremely friendly staff. Sometimes I do find it hard to find a spot by a power outlet (or a spot at all) if I arrive past 3 pm but luckily there's plenty of other options nearby!
2. Caffe Calabria: has an aesthetically pleasing vibe, friendly staff and delicious cappuccinos! I've never had an issue finding a spot to work at this stop and I could sip on their coffee drinks all day if I didn't think I'd eventually have a heart attack.
3. CHOCOLAT: This place is such an adorable spot with their impressive array of desserts (colorful gelato, cannoli's, crepes, creme brûlée) but I'm more interested in what's on the dinner menu. One of my servers here once recommended to me the best margarita pizza I've probably ever had. The staff is very friendly and have thorough knowledge of the menu (which is great for a gal like me who always asks for recommendations wherever I go).
4. The Living Room (La Jolla + College locations): Three things the La Jolla location is amazing for: chai teas and coffees before walking around Prospect's many art galleries, grabbing an acai bowl (with their cinnamon granola mmmm) then walking down the street to the street to enjoy it on the beach and lounging inside with your laptop on a cold day while you soak in the Beaty and the Beast ambiance.
5. Common Theory: There's no coffee in this joint but they've got the next best thing.. BEER & lots of it. I love this place for a mussels and beer night with James or when I want to drink a cold brew while I work on my website or a new blog post!
6. Young Hickory : Aside from the chairs/seats not being the most comfortable sports to relax for hours at a time, there isn't one negative thing you can say about this place. Friendly vibes from the staff, coffee or a chai tea for myself and beer for James. It's the perfect spot to literally "edit and chill." Also, massive delicious acai bowls for my roots lovers.
7. Cope Vida : in Downtown, although frequently crowded, this place has a cool modern aesthetic and delicious coffee/cappuccinos. I cannot wait for the day they decide to either 1. start carrying more pastry options or 2. open a lunch/food menu.
8. Cafe 1134 : Coronado is one of my favorite roaming spots in San Diego to roam and Cafe 1134 is one of my favorite spots not to roam. I sit, kick my feet up while I sip a hot chai tea latte and get hours worth of work/editing done. Delicious sandwiches and amazing prices too!
9. Heartwork Coffee Bar: This hidden gem in the heart of Mission Hills the perfect spot for some great coffee and a relaxing aesthetic. Also, DELISH pastries!
10. Communal Coffee: Although it's harder than hell to visit this place at a slow time, the coffee and avocado toast is well worth the crowd. It's got a beautiful aesthetic with a flower shop operating inside and next door to the shop.
Disclosure: The person writing the above post way not paid for any of the above reviews.